Matt said: …” And even if it’s not the exact same anchor text, it’s like a, you know, it’s relatively inorganic in the sense that the person who made the widget is deciding what the anchor text should be rather than the person who’s actually doing the link by including the widget.”Video title: What is Google’s thinking about links from article marketing, widgets, etc?
Wednesday, March 27, 2013
I transcribed a couple of the Video and wanted to share one here along with a handful of thoughts and observations.
Posted by Megrisoft at 9:48 AM
They have a link plan that is absolutely and completely unsustainable for more than a few months at best.
Take this example idea, paraphrased: “If I generate an average of 5 links per blog post and I write 10 blog posts a day for 6 months, that’s 1,800 posts and 9,000 links. They can even be really short posts, so I can get them all out there.”
- Set up your social media signatures
- Get your site listed in the good directories
- Craft a content plan
- Figure out how you’re going to get people to see your content
- Go ahead and start thinking of non-Google ways to market
- Start actively building some link
Posted by Megrisoft at 9:42 AM